This workshop is for those who would like to take their calligraphy skills to the next level! You don't have to be an expert calligrapher by any means. Just a basic understanding of how to use the a calligraphy pen holder (straight or oblique), pointed nib, and ink. If you have any questions at all, feel free to email me.
What Will I Learn?
This workshop will build on basic calligraphy skills. We will start with an alphabet refresher (condensed version of the beginner content), learn numbers and characters, learn how to create your own colored ink by mixing watercolor gouache, and practice connecting letters. We will put your calligraphy skills to use by making cards and drafting your own project on card stock. Class sizes are small in order for each student to receive more one-on-one instruction.
What Is Included?
- Your very own supply kit to take home, including: 1 straight pen holder, 1 oblique pen holder, 1 blue pumpkin nib, a jar of black ink, watercolor gouache mixing kit, and a Caddy Corner Designs intermediate calligraphy workbook, including more advanced calligraphy supply recommendations
- Cards and card stock, coaching you through the creation of tangible items with your calligraphy skills
- Light refreshments
- If you have a pen holder or nib you prefer to use, feel free to bring it to class!
- The intermediate workshops are $120 per person and will last between 2 - 2.5 hours
- Payment is required up front and tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable for other class times. If you are unable to make it, you're welcome to sell your ticket to a friend! Please send me their name so a personalized place card can be made for them
Akola Project Spotlight
Akola jewelry is designed to empower women in disadvantaged communities throughout the globe. Akola - “she works” in Lusoga - is a full impact brand that trains and employs women in poverty so they can meet the basic needs of their children. As a non-profit, 100% of your Akola purchase supports employment, training, holistic programs, and the construction of training centers and water wells in impoverished communities around the world. To support these efforts, 10% of the profits from this Modern Calligraphy Workshop will be donated back to the Akola Project. Meet the women behind the jewelry here.
Image Credit: http://consciousmagazine.co/akola-project/
Image Credit: http://www.onesmallblonde.com/staging/2014/08/08/akola-project/