What Will I Learn?
The basics of modern calligraphy including how to use calligraphy tools and create practice strokes, lower case and upper case letters. Seats are limited in order for each student to receive more one-on-one instruction.
What Is Included?
- Your very own supply kit to take home, including: 1 straight pen holder, 1 oblique pen holder, 2 nibs, a jar of ink, and a Caddy Corner Designs calligraphy workbook
- A calligraphy project, that we will work on during the workshop for you to keep or gift to a friend
- Refreshments, mingling, and so much fun!
- 20% off your Akola purchase during the event!
- Beginner workshops typically last between 2 - 2.5 hours
- Payment is required up front and is non-refundable. If you are unable to make it, you're welcome to give or sell your ticket to a friend! Please send me their name so a personalized place card can be made for them.
Akola Project Spotlight
Akola jewelry is designed to empower women in disadvantaged communities throughout the globe. Akola - “she works” in Lusoga - is a full impact brand that trains and employs women in poverty so they can meet the basic needs of their children. As a non-profit, 100% of your Akola purchase supports employment, training, holistic programs, and the construction of training centers and water wells in impoverished communities around the world. To support these efforts, 10% of the profits from this Modern Calligraphy Workshop will be donated back to the Akola Project. Meet the women behind the jewelry here.
Image Credit: http://consciousmagazine.co/akola-project/
Image Credit: http://www.onesmallblonde.com/staging/2014/08/08/akola-project/
Questions? Interested in bringing a workshop to your space? Shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org